Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Niagra Falls

For hundreds of years people have struggled with words to describe the emotion, passion and the beauty they felt as they stood there gazing at what is now known as the one of the modern wonders of the world. The Niagra Falls was a site to behold. It's not the height of the falls but the width that mesmerizes me, and I consider myself extremely lucky to not only behold that site but to experience it. It was such a memorable trip, a trip that I would remember for years! The highlight of my three week vacation. The first time my eyes fell upon the great wonder it was night time; the American falls were illuminated with colorful lights coming from canada's side. Red, Yellow, Purple, Green the colors kept changing and changing along with them the expressions of the captivated tourists. I stood there on the end of the observation tower with my cousins and bunny exhilarated by the intensity of pressure of the water gushing down on the rocks, remembering about how worth it would have been for all the daredevils who jumped of the Niagra falls just to experience that transcendent moment. I felt like doing that right there myself. The next day, I fell so desperately in love with the horseshoe falls and to my extreme amazement I got so close to the falls on that maid of the mist boat, I could barely contain the excitement I felt and joined the rest of the crazy tourists in blue raincoats yelling and screaming with joy on top of our lungs. Because we stood so close to the brink of the ship, all of us literally took a little shower (we flung our raincoats away) in the horseshoe falls. Oh how beautiful it was! A little paradise. The 8 hour drive from delaware seemed so worth it when walked on the trail of the "cave of the winds" up on the hurricane deck on the bridal fall. A part of the bridal falls, showers on the hurricane deck with extreme pressure and intensity that makes you forget even yourself for however long you stay under it. You can choose to take a public shower with your raincoats and clothes on or you can chicken out; usually people chicken out and make the biggest mistake of their lives. For us, we were not born with the chickening-jeans and chose to remain on the bridal falls as long as we could on the first tour and then we joined the second tour group (something we are not supposed to do) and repeated the breathtaking shower and stayed under the bridal falls until we were literally kicked out. It was all so worth it! So absolutely amazingly cool! Other things we did the rest of the day was visiting the Niagra Aquarium, the discovery center, wax museum of horror, theater; hanging around the little niagra town and doing loads of souvenir shopping! I'm definately coming back here again!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My first picture of Niagra from the Observation Tower

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
the little boat that took us into horseshoe falls

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The American fall - breathtaking isn't it?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A picture from the "no mans water" of the canadia side


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
On the maid of the mist boat that took us almost right into horseshoe falls

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
here take another look at the marvelous canadian/horseshoe falls

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
a wilderness

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
fellow maid of the mist boat

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
bunny staring at the salamanders at the niagra aquarium

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
the sea lion show!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
another look at Mr.Show-off


Miss Haseena Zulfoon Wali Janey Bahaaaaar... (bushi) drying her hair
after the soaking public shower under the bridal falls


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
a part of the American falls and the bridal fall right next to it

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
a trail that leads to the hurricane deck - a place where you can literally take a
public shower under the bridal falls


Sui Generis at 7:33 AM

Ciao!


About moi

I am loud and obnoxious around those who know me. My friends call me "dangerously" positive as I am usually not able to see the "negative" side of things. Ever. I like to laugh and live life to the fullest and don't understand people who can't. I have lived all over the world. My Pakistani background, my American accent, my Irish hospitality and my Iranian appetite all blend pretty well to shape who I am. I cant help but notice that how similar I am to everybody else, yet how absolutely SuiGeneris.

The Say of the Day

Make Chai, Not War.

In My Ipod..

Lifehouse, Red Hot chilli Peppers, Coldplay, Greenday, Snow Patrol, Sting, Maroon5, Keane, Athlete, Weezer, Yellowcard, Enya, Jet, Foo Fighters, Oasis, Killers, Good Charlotte, Bjork, Linkin Park, Counting Crows, Muse, Incubus, Duran Duran, The Verves, Bryan Adams, All-American Rejects, Strings, Fuzon, Vital Signs, Arash (so many more to add.. )

Currently Reading/Read..

Cat's Cradle - Kurt Vonnegut
A Tale of Two Cities - Dickens
Karography - Kamila Shamsie
A Confederacy of Dunces - John K. Toole
Damien - Herman Hesse Madame Bovary - Gustav Flaubert

Fav Authors

Kurt Vonnegut, James Joyce, Leo Tolstoy, Dan Brown, H.L.Mencken, Dickens, Jane Austen, Bronte, J.K. Rowling

Speak up!

 

Omnium-Gatherum

The Blogship

History

Archieves

Gracias!

Previous • Next
Random • List All
• Join •
CrickRock Webrings