Sunday, July 24, 2005

the half blood prince

*spoiler alert*

Here's a helpful tip: neveeer ever ever put a bag of twizzlers beside you while reading any of the harry potter books. In my case while reading the half blood prince, at 12 pm I put a full new bag of twizzlers on my nightstand and the next time I looked at it at the end of the book, it was empty. Since one serving is 120 calories and there were ten servings, you do the math and add those additional g of fat. Still since it's a low fat candy, it probably didn't harm me as much as the bag of kisses while reading the fifth book. I don't even want to think about the calories. Ahh! Wait, I am supposed to talk about J.K. Rowling’s sixth hp book: the half blood prince, not candy. I was furious when I first finished the book, wanted to sectumsemprize Rowling herself, but then I scrutinized and analyzed the details I figured it wasn't exactly that horrible. Rowling has changed her style, the hp series is getting darker, gloomier and very interesting. I am all excited about how complicated it is to kill Voldemort and how Harry might manage it in the last book without dumbledore to guide the way. Still I find something fishy about the way dumbledore died and the unexplained note to Voldemort with the mysterious intials R.A.B. I'm guessing Snape took the last Horcrux and destroyed it, but then I might be completely wrong and Rowling unpredictable as the book itself. I'm making a list of all the things I am all excited to find the answers to but might forget till the last book is released which is like what… aages from now. I'd be heading to college then.. and Harry would be quitting hogwarts and moving on to avenge himself. I was 12 when I read the first book, 16 when I read the 5th. It's like as I'm growing older, Harry is too at the same rate only he has the whole wizarding world to worry about. I'm proud to say that I'm a kid who grew up on HP books. I'll always remember how the little girl of 12 lost herself completely in a world full of witches, wizards, goblins, giants, ghosts and magic and never actually fully recovered. I have all the books in hardcover perched up on my shelf with those of Bronte, Austen and Grisham and they would remain this way even if I add to my collection more complex and non-fiction literature. Right now I only worry about when I might be able to add the last book my to collection to make it complete.


Sui Generis at 9:24 AM

Ciao!


About moi

I am loud and obnoxious around those who know me. My friends call me "dangerously" positive as I am usually not able to see the "negative" side of things. Ever. I like to laugh and live life to the fullest and don't understand people who can't. I have lived all over the world. My Pakistani background, my American accent, my Irish hospitality and my Iranian appetite all blend pretty well to shape who I am. I cant help but notice that how similar I am to everybody else, yet how absolutely SuiGeneris.

The Say of the Day

Make Chai, Not War.

In My Ipod..

Lifehouse, Red Hot chilli Peppers, Coldplay, Greenday, Snow Patrol, Sting, Maroon5, Keane, Athlete, Weezer, Yellowcard, Enya, Jet, Foo Fighters, Oasis, Killers, Good Charlotte, Bjork, Linkin Park, Counting Crows, Muse, Incubus, Duran Duran, The Verves, Bryan Adams, All-American Rejects, Strings, Fuzon, Vital Signs, Arash (so many more to add.. )

Currently Reading/Read..

Cat's Cradle - Kurt Vonnegut
A Tale of Two Cities - Dickens
Karography - Kamila Shamsie
A Confederacy of Dunces - John K. Toole
Damien - Herman Hesse Madame Bovary - Gustav Flaubert

Fav Authors

Kurt Vonnegut, James Joyce, Leo Tolstoy, Dan Brown, H.L.Mencken, Dickens, Jane Austen, Bronte, J.K. Rowling

Speak up!

 

Omnium-Gatherum

The Blogship

History

Archieves

Gracias!

Previous • Next
Random • List All
• Join •
CrickRock Webrings