Thursday, August 25, 2005

Lets Drive Dude!

"Now when you are on a t-intersection and even if you have the right-of-way you better stop if another car is speeding and is not slowing down. At the end of the day you'll end up saving your life. And also when you are at a stoplight.. blah blah bleh de blah blah.. la de da blah blah.. and some more blahs... Now I want you to take this (signing at a piece of paper while my heart played drumroll) and take it to your nearest tag agency, and get your driving liscence."
- Driving Examiner

This last sentence was the most beautiful thing I've heard in a long time. The one sentence my ears ached to hear. The one senctence that could only be spoken to you once in your life. I couldn't believe my ears. Me, a straight A student, euphoric over a mere driving exam? Nobody has ANY idea how it feels to finally get your liscence after flunking the exam twice. My dad wouldn't believe me when I walked back to the examiners office to tell him I passed after passing a crowd full of nosy people whose eyes were glued to me and who made sure that they found out whatever happened to the nervous little wreck. When dad finally came back to his senses, he made sure the examiner was properly "thanked". It was embarrasing really. But finally I won't be a leech to my friends anymore, you know the leechy friend who ALWAYS needs a ride? My heart fills with pleasure when I think how I could finally call the Ford Focus that has been sitting around in my garage, Mine. I want to etch the words "Mine" all over it. "I never pray for anybody, but I'd pray for you to pass that damn exam of yours. You BETTER pass, if you fail this time you should never be allowed to drive again," said Racheal the night before my test, time to show up on her door and surprise her. Also, In honor of me getting the liscence I get to ditch the rest of the school day and enjoy some Braum's german choc. tub of icecream.

Ah, life is beautiful.


Sui Generis at 12:27 PM

Ciao!


About moi

I am loud and obnoxious around those who know me. My friends call me "dangerously" positive as I am usually not able to see the "negative" side of things. Ever. I like to laugh and live life to the fullest and don't understand people who can't. I have lived all over the world. My Pakistani background, my American accent, my Irish hospitality and my Iranian appetite all blend pretty well to shape who I am. I cant help but notice that how similar I am to everybody else, yet how absolutely SuiGeneris.

The Say of the Day

Make Chai, Not War.

In My Ipod..

Lifehouse, Red Hot chilli Peppers, Coldplay, Greenday, Snow Patrol, Sting, Maroon5, Keane, Athlete, Weezer, Yellowcard, Enya, Jet, Foo Fighters, Oasis, Killers, Good Charlotte, Bjork, Linkin Park, Counting Crows, Muse, Incubus, Duran Duran, The Verves, Bryan Adams, All-American Rejects, Strings, Fuzon, Vital Signs, Arash (so many more to add.. )

Currently Reading/Read..

Cat's Cradle - Kurt Vonnegut
A Tale of Two Cities - Dickens
Karography - Kamila Shamsie
A Confederacy of Dunces - John K. Toole
Damien - Herman Hesse Madame Bovary - Gustav Flaubert

Fav Authors

Kurt Vonnegut, James Joyce, Leo Tolstoy, Dan Brown, H.L.Mencken, Dickens, Jane Austen, Bronte, J.K. Rowling

Speak up!

 

Omnium-Gatherum

The Blogship

History

Archieves

Gracias!

Previous • Next
Random • List All
• Join •
CrickRock Webrings