Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Where did summer go?

Counting the meager days left before school starts and asking myself one question; Where did my summer go? I can't believe it can be over so fast. It was just yesterday when I we had our Junior Party and made all these resolutions for the summer. Whatever happened to sticking-to-the-resolution pledge? Whatever happened to taking the chem course? And volunteering for more than 50 hours at the Teen Hero program? Or getting better at the guitar? Or re-memorizing all the surahs I forgot? Reading more than 5 classic novel? Doing college searches and applying for scholarships? Learning how to cook that chinese dinner you'd been promising mom since mother's day? Heck, the list can go on forever. Here's a summary of my summer: half summer spent on vacation, the other half in moving to our new house. I wasn't able to get in touch with my friends and hang out till last week. Moving is so ahhh Gruesome! It took me days to get my new room "habitable." Had to help mom out with the house's interior deco. Was running actually.. err.. driving back and forth from Home Depot, to Micheals to Walmart for what might appear to be the most inconsequential little things. I could tell you exactly where you'd get the best floral deco. for your house, where to buy the best beddings, the best shop in town for furniture, the rugs, the bathroom accessories, framed art and oh yes, little knick knacks to dress up any room.

After 25 days of unpaid labor, I can finally call my house a home. I'm just in love with my room. What attracted me to my room was the massive window with an skinny arch. It keeps my room bright and sunny despite my heavy dark mahogny furniture that my parents gave me as a birthday present. I couldn't find the "right" bookshelf to go with my furniture, so I stained the old one an antique mahogny to somewhat match it. In my parent's view I have ruined my bookshelf but I think all the uneven stain lines just gives it more character. I have all these fun, crazy ideas for my room that are storming around in my head. I hope execute them all before school starts. I'd post my pictures soon.


Sui Generis at 11:34 PM

Ciao!


About moi

I am loud and obnoxious around those who know me. My friends call me "dangerously" positive as I am usually not able to see the "negative" side of things. Ever. I like to laugh and live life to the fullest and don't understand people who can't. I have lived all over the world. My Pakistani background, my American accent, my Irish hospitality and my Iranian appetite all blend pretty well to shape who I am. I cant help but notice that how similar I am to everybody else, yet how absolutely SuiGeneris.

The Say of the Day

Make Chai, Not War.

In My Ipod..

Lifehouse, Red Hot chilli Peppers, Coldplay, Greenday, Snow Patrol, Sting, Maroon5, Keane, Athlete, Weezer, Yellowcard, Enya, Jet, Foo Fighters, Oasis, Killers, Good Charlotte, Bjork, Linkin Park, Counting Crows, Muse, Incubus, Duran Duran, The Verves, Bryan Adams, All-American Rejects, Strings, Fuzon, Vital Signs, Arash (so many more to add.. )

Currently Reading/Read..

Cat's Cradle - Kurt Vonnegut
A Tale of Two Cities - Dickens
Karography - Kamila Shamsie
A Confederacy of Dunces - John K. Toole
Damien - Herman Hesse Madame Bovary - Gustav Flaubert

Fav Authors

Kurt Vonnegut, James Joyce, Leo Tolstoy, Dan Brown, H.L.Mencken, Dickens, Jane Austen, Bronte, J.K. Rowling

Speak up!

 

Omnium-Gatherum

The Blogship

History

Archieves

Gracias!

Previous • Next
Random • List All
• Join •
CrickRock Webrings