Sunday, November 06, 2005

finally!!

Our Newspaper came out this Friday. The school of 2500 kids, 400 faculty, 10 - 20,000 parents/relatives (you have no idea how scary these stats can be) in our community read the newspaper with high expectations. And this year I think we finally have met their expectations. Our newspaper has been labelled "the best" (my dream come true!) in the entire school district despite being a completely student run publication. And why shouldn't it? Our newspaper crew is awesome. I worked really hard on this issue (reason for my absence from MP/msn) along with my buddy and fellow editor Sarah Foster nights and days, finding news and making people write stories, laying out pages, editing articles, finding pictures and collecting money by ads to cover the cost of publishing the newspaper. Man, I had to spend like half of my eid running around the printing agency. My Intelligent design/evolution article was front page (nerveracking! ahhh) and made a lot of people "think" (part of my secret plan) despite my objectivity. It was my turn this issue to do the She said opinion piece on which I just BSd my way through (I am getting increasingly good at BSing). My hurricane/ earthquake hardcore-support-Pakistan-or-DIE opinion piece didn't get published this issue because it wasn't fair for some of our reporters who didn't even get one story published when I had two ginormous ones.

I am really very happy and relieved at this point. I have to go make up those hours of sleep I squandered away working and worrying about our newspaper. In the meantime you guys can check it out here http://www.norman.k12.ok.us/710/organizati...er/november.pdf (stick around; it will take some time to load). I need more ideas to write about for the upcoming issue.


Sui Generis at 4:19 PM

Ciao!


About moi

I am loud and obnoxious around those who know me. My friends call me "dangerously" positive as I am usually not able to see the "negative" side of things. Ever. I like to laugh and live life to the fullest and don't understand people who can't. I have lived all over the world. My Pakistani background, my American accent, my Irish hospitality and my Iranian appetite all blend pretty well to shape who I am. I cant help but notice that how similar I am to everybody else, yet how absolutely SuiGeneris.

The Say of the Day

Make Chai, Not War.

In My Ipod..

Lifehouse, Red Hot chilli Peppers, Coldplay, Greenday, Snow Patrol, Sting, Maroon5, Keane, Athlete, Weezer, Yellowcard, Enya, Jet, Foo Fighters, Oasis, Killers, Good Charlotte, Bjork, Linkin Park, Counting Crows, Muse, Incubus, Duran Duran, The Verves, Bryan Adams, All-American Rejects, Strings, Fuzon, Vital Signs, Arash (so many more to add.. )

Currently Reading/Read..

Cat's Cradle - Kurt Vonnegut
A Tale of Two Cities - Dickens
Karography - Kamila Shamsie
A Confederacy of Dunces - John K. Toole
Damien - Herman Hesse Madame Bovary - Gustav Flaubert

Fav Authors

Kurt Vonnegut, James Joyce, Leo Tolstoy, Dan Brown, H.L.Mencken, Dickens, Jane Austen, Bronte, J.K. Rowling

Speak up!

 

Omnium-Gatherum

The Blogship

History

Archieves

Gracias!

Previous • Next
Random • List All
• Join •
CrickRock Webrings